TasGM 2019 AGM
Tas Game Makers 2019 AGM TasGM is holding a town hall meeting on Friday December 6th, which will also serve as our first formal Annual General Meeting (AGM). Here we will vote in our first official TasGM board.
Friday, December 6, 2019
Way back in February we all got together to talk about the future of our community. We put together an interim board who were charged with incorporating, re-branding, and effectively re-launching our community into the national arena.
Well, in October we celebrated the launch of our new branding, touted our community to anyone with ears during Melbourne International Games Week, and are now officially an ‘Incorporated Association’!
Now, as promised, it's time for us to nominate and vote for our first official board! This is an historic time for Tas Game Makers, and we hope the community will embrace the process with a slew of exciting board nominations, and a healthy number of attendees at the AGM to vote.
Before we have this meeting there is some important information we need to communicate to everyone:
- Tas Game Makers will now have members / a membership. If you’d like to be considered for a board member role, you will need to be a TasGM member.
- If you’d like to attend our AGM in December, to vote on board members, you will need to be a TasGM member.
- Not all events / initiatives will be limited to members; but some will.
You can register and learn more about membership here.
Our board can be comprised of 10 people and there are 4 officers we are required to fill:
- President - Runs meetings, overall in charge of the association direction, writes the general report.
- Vice-president - Back-up chair, also works with the chair.
- Treasurer - Manages the bank accounts, writes financial reports, generates invoices.
- Secretary - Manages association records, keeps minutes of meetings, membership details, receives and files any necessary paperwork with various external bodies, updates constitution when needed, generally will be the person answering emails.
- General board members - help out running initiatives, attend meetings, be an all-round good-egg.
A town hall meeting will be held on Friday December 6th, which will also serve as our first formal Annual General Meeting (AGM). Here we will vote in our first official TasGM board.
Friday December 6th, 6:30pm
Enterprize, Level 5, 24 Davey Street, Hobart TAS 7000
Enterprize (Macquarie House), 92 Cameron St, Launceston TAS 7250
If you're unable to attend in person but still want to be part of the conversation then please tune in to the stream on TasGM's Twitch channel