Code of Conduct
TasGM is dedicated to providing a welcoming and harassment-free experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
All participants are required to adhere to this code of conduct in TasGM spaces, online or in-person.
Examples of unacceptable behaviour includes, but is not limited to:
- Communication that demeans, devalues or is derogatory towards one’s gender, sexuality, physical appearance, body size, class, appearance, race, religion, language, age, disability, and/or socio-economic status.
- Bullying, stalking, following and deliberate intimidation.
- Photography or recording without consent, including capturing online activity.
- Disrupting or hijacking conversations.
- Inappropriate non-consensual physical contact, or unwelcome attention of any kind.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviours.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately.
In the case of repeated or serious offending behaviour, TasGM will take actions deemed appropriate to resolve the situation and make the space welcoming. Examples of such actions include: warnings, temporary or permanent barring from TasGM events and spaces, and suspension or cancellation of membership.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact a board member, community moderator or other TasGM representatives listed for our events and spaces.
This code of conduct is a living document and we welcome feedback from the community!